September 10, 2022 • Fresno, Calif. • Valley Children’s Stadium • 7:30 pm PT • CBS Sports Network
Television: CBS Sports Network
Play-By-Play: Alex Del Barrio
Analyst: Donte Whitner
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 137 or 203
SiriusXM App/Internet: 966
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 734
Dish Network: 158
Charter Spectrum: 410
– Oregon State hits the highway for the primary time in 2022 when the Beavers go to Fresno State Saturday evening at Valley Children’s Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 pm PT.
– The recreation will air dwell on CBS Sports Network. Alex Del Barrio (play-by-play) and Donte Whitner (analyst) will name the motion.
– Fresno State leads the all-time collection, 8-5, together with a 6-0 mark in video games performed in Fresno. The groups are assembly for the primary time for the reason that 2003 season.
– The recreation will air dwell on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For an inventory of associates, flip to web page two of those notes.
– Every recreation this season will be heard dwell on the Varsity Network, a free utility obtainable by way of laptop browsers, smartphones and tablets. After downloading the appliance, seek for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notables
– Oregon State is coming off a 34-17 win over Boise State final Saturday to open the 2022 season. It marked the Beavers’ first season-opening win since defeating Weber State to open 2015.
– The Beavers grabbed 5 takeaways within the win, tying for essentially the most throughout Jonathan Smith‘s tenure as head coach. It was the sixth time throughout his tenure the Beavers captured three or extra.
– Oregon State improved to 14-7 beneath Smith when scoring 30 or extra factors. OSU additionally improved to 13-1 when taking a lead into the fourth quarter.
– OSU gained its seventh consecutive dwelling recreation.
– Fresno State gained the final matchup between the groups, 16-14, in 2003 in Fresno. Brett Visintainer linked on a 47-yard discipline aim with 31 seconds remaining within the fourth quarter to present the Bulldogs the win.
– Steven Jackson and Mike Hass each scored touchdowns for the Beavers. Jackson ran for 128 yards and likewise caught 5 passes for 116 yards.
Against Fresno State
– Oregon State and Fresno State have met 13 occasions beforehand. The groups shall be taking part in the seventh matchup all-time in Fresno; the Bulldogs have gained the earlier six.
– Fresno State leads the all-time collection, 8-5, as OSU is 5-2 in video games performed in Corvallis.
– OSU has had a 100-yard rusher in 5 of these 13 video games, together with Steven Jackson twice (227 in 2002 and 128 in 2003). Mark Olford and Chad Paulsen every ran for 100-plus within the Beavers’ 1992 46-36 win in Corvallis. It’s one in all 19 occasions at school historical past the Beavers have had two or extra 100-yard performances in the identical recreation.
– Head coach Jonathan Smith It’s the one 300-yard efficiency by an OSU quarterback in collection historical past.
News, Notes And More
– Twitter.com/BeaverSoccer continues to be this system’s most important Twitter deal with, however the Twitter.com/BeaverFBNews account was created previous to the 2019 season.
– Follow @BeaverFBNews for information, pre-game and in-game notes and extra. The deal with will put up in-game information and scoring info because it occurs.
Looking Back At The Opening W
– Oregon State managed the clock for 35:02 in Saturday’s win, the second-longest throughout HC Jonathan Smith‘s tenure. OSU is 10-4 beneath Smith when totaling 32 or extra minutes per recreation.
– Oregon State recorded eight tackles for loss and two sacks. The Beavers’ offensive line, in the meantime, didn’t enable a sack, one in all 28 groups nationally to make that declare to date this season.
– Boise State’s 311 whole yards marked the fifth-lowest by an opponent towards OSU since 2018. OSU is 7-0 since ’18 when permitting 350 or fewer yards.
– Chance Nolan discovered Anthony Gold for a 74-yard reception; it’s one in all simply eight passes of 70 or extra yards nationally this season.
– OSU averaged 19.47 yards per go completion, the staff’s greatest single-game mark for the reason that 2006 season.
– Nolan averaged 17.93 yards per completion, the 18th-best mark by an OSU QB since 1996. Fourteen of the 17 higher averages have been by both Jonathan Smith or Derek Anderson. Matt Moore, Cody Vaz and Jake Luton account for the opposite three.
– Luke Musgrave set a career-best with 89 receiving yards, surpassing 85 towards Oregon throughout the 2021 season. The 89 yards marked essentially the most by an OSU tight finish since Noah Togiai totaled 95 versus Portland State in 2017.
Mountain West Times Three
– Oregon State’s matchup with Fresno State Saturday marks the third straight for the Beavers versus a Mountain West Conference foe.
– OSU ended the 2021 season towards Utah State within the Jimmy Kimmel Los Angeles Bowl, and opened 2022 towards Boise State final Saturday.
– Oregon State is 39-27 all-time towards members of the Mountain West.
– The Beavers are searching for their first win at a MWC foe since defeating Hawai’i, 38-30, in 2014.
– Oregon State’s 5 takeaways towards Boise State marked the twentieth time since 1996 that the Beavers’ protection recorded 5 or extra in a recreation. The most over that stretch was eight towards Washington State in 2007.
– The Beavers are 16-4 when recording 5 or extra takeaways. OSU dedicated at the least three turnovers itself in three of the 4 losses.
– OSU grabbed three INTs towards BSU; the thirty fourth time with at the least three since ’96. The Beavers are 28-6 when that occurs.
More On Musgrave
– Luke Musgrave’s Six catches Saturday had been one shy of his career-high of seven set final season versus Oregon.
– The junior has 16 receptions over his final three video games after totaling 26 in his first 16. He’s averaged 13.6 yards per catch over these 16 receptions.
Turnovers, Part Two
– Oregon State’s protection has picked up eight turns within the final two video games; three versus Utah State to finish the 2021 season earlier than recording 5 versus the Broncos.
– OSU’s protection has 12 takeaways in 5 video games throughout Trent Bray‘s tenure as defensive coordinator. The Beavers are tied for eight nationally over that stretch.
– OSU’s offence, in the meantime, has dedicated seven turnovers in the identical timeframe to report a plus-five margin.