Whether visiting, working, investing in or transferring to Kenya, there may be some paperwork and charges. The course of is sort of normal with easy pointers and price constructions, however with funds and rules that change primarily based on nation of origin and purpose for the visa or immigration.
With the specter of world terrorism and kidnapping of foreigners by terrorists on Kenyan soil, particularly close to the Somali border, within the Garissa District, and on coastal areas north of Pate Island, entry into Kenya by foreigners is strictly regulated. Check with the Kenyan embassy in your nation for journey advisories.
Points of entry into Kenya
Strategically positioned, Kenya permits entry into its borders by roads from the nations of Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia, by sea by the Indian Ocean, and by air by its worldwide airports, Moi International Airport and Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. See Kenyan transportation data article for extra data.
Visa necessities for Kenya
Every foreigner aspiring to enter Kenya for varied causes should meet sure circumstances:
- The passport should be legitimate for no less than six months starting on the date of entry
- It is vital that your passport has validity of not lower than six months past expiration of your go to
- You can be required by the immigration division to have no less than two clean visa pages in your passport which are unstamped (for use in any exit and entry stamps). Missing clean pages can imply refusal/difficulties acquiring entry.
Depending on which nation you come from, you could want a visa to enter Kenya.
Citizens from mandate east-African nations will not be merely visad to have a visa, they use customer move from the immigration unit on the airport or border factors.
- Visas are additionally not required for residents from sure listed oversea nations akin to Bahamas, Cyprus, Gambia, Seychelles and Singapore, amongst others (though the listing adjustments recurrently).
- However, there are nationals who can’t enter Kenya with out advance visas, akin to nationals from Iraq, Libya, Somalia, in addition to stateless individuals, and many others. This listing can be eligible for frequent adjustments.
There are two methods of acquiring Kenyan visas:
- At the airport upon arrival, although usually tedious and marred by delays
- Advance functions
Irrespective of the sort of go to you plan to make, there are two major visa choices:
- Single-entry visa
- Authorizes just one entry into the nation.
- Multiple journey visa
- Permits a number of entries into the nation. You may have triplicate copies of required documentation and to pay extra for this sort of visa.
Both choices require you to current particular paperwork:
- Official visa software kinds
- Cover letter for the appliance or copies of an invite
- Copies of your passport
- Recently taken passport sized pictures
- Any different vital paperwork that aligns together with your goal of coming into Kenya, akin to work allow or marriage certificates for spousal visits.
- As of July 2011, any visa applicant, no matter their age and their technique of acquiring visas, should pay USD$50 cost for single-entry visas, and double the quantity to acquire multiple-entry visas.
Work and Resident Permits
If you plan to work and reside in Kenya, you’re required to have advance work and residence permits respectively, which are sometimes tough to acquire in good time.
Working or residing in Kenya, in any sector and at no matter capability, with out a allow is unlawful.
- Application for work and residence permits is included within the visa software course of.
- There are twelve totally different lessons of permits relying in your purpose for coming into Kenya.
- Class A: masking particular employment provided by particular employer akin to international assignees
- Class C: masking humanitarian staff in help organizations akin to UN
- Class E: masking international missionaries working in Kenya
- Class Okay: masking independently prosperous foreigners hoping to settle within the nation
You could have to get a Yellow Fever jab, particularly if you’re coming from nations with excessive danger of transmitting Yellow Fever.
To acquire extra details about the visa and immigration procedures and legal guidelines, or for journey advisors, please go to the embassy web site for Kenya in your nation. Additional data, akin to tariffs and entry factors, could be discovered on Kenya’s Immigration Department web site, http://www.immigration.go.ke.